1. Professional Cleaning: Fur cleaning is a specialized process that is best left to professionals. Experts use techniques that protect the fur's natural oils, preserving its luster and preventing it from drying out. Aim for a professional clean at least once a year, or more frequently if the garment sees a lot of wear.
2. Spot Cleaning: For minor spills or stains, blot gently with a damp cloth and let the fur air dry. Avoid rubbing as it can damage the fur. Always air dry your fur; never use a hairdryer or place it near a heater.
3. Avoid Perfumes and Hairsprays: These products contain alcohol, which can dry out the fur. Always apply these before you put on your fur coat or jacket and allow them to dry fully.
Storing Your Fur Outerwear
1. Cold Storage: During off-seasons when you're not wearing your fur, consider professional cold storage. These facilities maintain the right temperature and humidity levels to prevent drying and preserve the fur's quality.
2. Home Storage: If professional storage isn’t an option, store your fur in the coolest, darkest place at home. Avoid areas with high humidity or temperature changes. Keep your fur in a breathable garment bag, never plastic.
3. Use a Broad-Shouldered Hanger: Always hang your fur outerwear on broad, sturdy hangers to maintain its shape. A padded or wooden hanger is ideal.
4. Give It Space: Fur needs air circulation. Avoid cramming your fur garments into a tightly-packed closet.
By following these tips, your Kolleen Boutique fur jackets and coats can offer enduring style and warmth. Our fur outerwear is an investment in luxury and durability, guaranteed to elevate your winter wardrobe. Browse our collection today at KolleenBoutique.com and experience the sophistication of quality fur.